For the second consecutive year, the Consulate General of United States in Monterrey in coordination with the consulates of Matamoros and Nuevo Laredo, launched its call to request proposals for funding community projects in an effort to support communities of northeastern Mexico, and strengthen bilateral relationship in this region.
With this program consulate seeks to promote opportunities for members of civil society projects to address specific needs of the community where they reside. Projects must be related to one of the themes of this call, and serve to broaden and deepen mutual understanding and foster closer ties between the two countries.
Topics for projects
The goal of this call is to support activities that are involved in:
or Promoting human rights
or Promote education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM acronym in English)
or Develop proposals related to democracy, freedom of expression, civil society and good governance
or Promote entrepreneurship and innovation
For full details of this funding and the requirements that projects must meet, please visit our website http://mx.usembassy.gov/es/convocatoria_RFP2017/
In 2016 the call from the consulate received proposals from six northeastern states of Mexico. The evaluation committee selected the following ten projects: https://mx.usembassy.gov/RFP_2016/
Conditions of Entry 2017
- This funding opportunity is limited to registered non-profit associations, non – governmental organizations / civil society, educational / cultural institutions or State Alumni working in the states of Coahuila, Durango, Nuevo Leon, San Luis Potosi, Tamaulipas, and / or Zacatecas.
- Projects must benefit a larger audience Mexican nationality 16 years. Gender balance among the audience is preferred, as well as to include vulnerable populations, to the extent possible.
- The number of projects that receive funding from the consulate is maximum twelve.
- The amount of funding that can be given is $ 3,500.00 USD minimum and maximum $ 15,000.00 USD.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is 15 March 2017.
- After reviewing the applications received, a panel will select consulate to 12 projects that will receive these funds.